Monday, October 26, 2009

I've got time, it's just not a priority (19/20)



There are 168 hours in each week.

The text books tell us to maintain our fitness requires 3 x 30 minutes sessions each week.

This totals 1.5 hours/ week

1.5 hours into 168 = 0.89%

LESS THAN 1% OF YOUR WEEK!!!

And you are telling me you have no TIME to exercise!

Come on!

It's not that you have no time, it's just not a priority!

Let's use picking up the kids from school as an example.

If you have to pick the kids up from school it just gets done.

No matter what!

The kids will get picked up from school (no matter how little time is available)

You can't say to the kids, "sorry kids, I just didn't have time to pick you up today, But I will try harder tomorrow"

It just gets done!

Why?

Because it is a priority.

I am not suggesting that we start comparing the importance of our health and fitness versus the importance of picking up the kids from school.

What I am suggesting is that when people use time as their excuse for not exercising, in actual fact it is because they are not really concerned whether they get to the gym or not.

Because if it really was a priority, they would've gone.

I'd love your thoughts.

Keep intensity high and excuses low

Matt Collins

1 comment:

Anna said...

Perfect!! Couldn't have said it better.