Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'll start next year



So we are about to hit December...

the 'right-off' month!

Why do we even bother with December?

Everyone is already thinking about next year anyway!

Tell me I'm wrong!

December comes along and we start planning our next year...

"In 2010, I am going to really start exercising..."

"Not like how I said I would in 2009, no way! This year is going to be MY year to REALLY start!"

"My food is REALLY going to change! and my health is REALLY going to be a priority!"

You know what I have found from years of working in the fitness industry with the general public?

People are really good at TALKING about things!

and awesome at SAYING why this time is going to be different!

What the general public is not so good at is...DOING!

Here's the challenge, ladies and gents...

Start your new year's resolution on Dec 1, 2009 not Jan 1, 2010.

Why?

Because making long term changes in not about a date on the calender but more about changing your mind set.

If you can't make some positive changes from December 1 because you want to get over the Christmas period first, you are basically saying that this is not a long term change for you.

Because if you do start on Jan 1, what then happens at Easter?

and then Holidays?

and then next Christmas?

and so on and so on.....

This is certainly no way of approaching a long term change!

Sure, let your hair down and have a great time this christmas, but don't kid yourself with the whole New Year's resolution CRAPOLA!

Make some changes for life, not because a date on the calender says we should!

Keep intensity high and excuses low

Matt Collins

No comments: